WARNING: This is the longest blog I've written so far...
Well, Thursday was my 29th birthday, and I'm not very excited that next year I will no longer be in my 20s. Usually I wake up on my birthday SO excited and ready for the day to never end, but this year I felt TOTALLY different. There wasn't much excitement in me, and in fact, I had kinda forgotten about my birthday until a couple of days before. I'm not sure if it's because I have a child now and all of my attention is focused on him, or if I just wasn't excited about turning the big 2-9.
Just because I didn't wake up excited, doesn't mean I didn't have a GREAT day. The night of the 8th, Bryan wished me a Happy Birthday Eve which he always does, and I love! Then Thursday morning he showered me with kisses and hugs and a promise to take me anywhere I wanted for dinner that night. Before he could take me to dinner, though, my mom surprised me and took me to lunch at Lonesome Dove in FW and then to The Cupcake Cottage. I HIGHLY recommend both. She also gave me a beautiful cross with callalillies on it - if you don't know, that is my very favorite flower. Finally, it was dinner time with my hubby and baby boy. They took me out to Taco Diner in Southlake and we got to eat on the patio since the weather was perfect. After dinner, we went back to the house and had cupcakes (see above) and I got to open my presents. Yes, plural. I get multiple gifts now that there are 3 of us in the family - one from Bryan and one from Drew. Bryan got me an emerald ring I wanted from James Avery - the Emerald is Drew's birthstone. Drew got me a charm to go on my JA charm bracelet. It's two little baby boy shoes, and I get to have the bottom of them engraved with Drew's name and birthday. I couldn't have asked for anything better for my birthday. It truly was a day to remember.
WARNING: I'm not finished yet...
Nope, my birthday wasn't done there. SATURDAY, my entire family took me to La Duni on McKinney in Dallas. We had brunch and lots of dessert. That evening, my parents babysat the kiddos while Bryan, AJ (my bro), Shayla (my sis-in-law), and I went to see Fireproof. If you haven't seen that movie, I highly recommend it. Yes, it's a low-budget film, but I PROMISE you will leave there a different person - or at least thinking differently about your relationship with God as well as your husband/wife. Yes, my birthday was over after Saturday evening, and even though it's my last year in my 20s, I will never forget it.
Our little family at La Duni.
The remainder of my dessert at La Duni.
What Is A Transgene?
7 years ago



2 comments:
Birthdays do seem different when you have children. Your life changes. Glad you had a great birthday weekend. 30 won't be so bad!
Just wait until you get to celebrate Drew's birthday .. all the excitement will come back, except it won't be on your birthday anymore!
Post a Comment