Saturday, January 24, 2009

2 Steps

Since Thursday Drew hasn't really pulled up on anything. HOWEVER, tonight he was pulling up on EVERYTHING! It's crazy how fast they learn! Anyway, my mom got him a big push/ride Tonka truck. The seat can be put down for him to ride on, or you can pull it up to use as a handle so he can walk behind it. Until tonight, I've had the seat down, and every once in a while I'll put Drew on it and push him around the room. He likes it, but doesn't really know how to move himself around. Well, tonight, since he was pulling up on everything, I decided to pull the seat up so he could stand behind the truck. He didn't just stand, he started walking behind it! He took two steps before he pulled it on top of him. Thinking it was just a fluke that he actually took steps, I turned the truck upright for Drew to try again. And sure enough, TWO MORE STEPS!

I'm really happy about his progress, but the scary thing is that I started walking the day I turned 9 months. Ummm, Drew turns 9 months NEXT MONTH! Bryan is so afraid that he's going to start walking then, but I think he'll just be cruising. And if he is walking by then, I'll just count it as a blessing to have such a talented son.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I think he is a genious! He seems to progress so fast. we are still trying to get the sitting up on our own down. I can't believe Drew is so grown up and those cheeks are so cute!

momma cobb said...

Yeah, you say that now but just wait until you are CHASING him! You'll long for the days when he would stay in one place. I, on the other hand, will enjoy hearing what all he gets in to. :)