Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Three Toddlers and a Baby

...and the baby isn't Drew anymore [insert sad sigh here].

Thursdays are usually playdates with SMAK (short for Aunt Shayla, Mercedes, Anissa, and Karis).

The past two times, they have all come to our house for the day so their car can get repaired. This past time, it was so neat to see the 'three toddlers' standing in a circle playing, sitting on the floor reading together, or sitting at the piano making music together...yes, all three of these things happened in one day. ALSO, baby Anissa has developed so much since I saw her last! She smiles and talks all of the time, and she's got the strongest neck ever! I can't wait for her to show us even more of her personality. I'm SO glad that we live so close to family so the kids can grow up together. I couldn't ask for anything more (except maybe for cousins Kate and Garrett to move closer - they live in Lubbock). Here are a few highlights from our latest SMAK playdate.

Baby Anissa being such a sweety.


They're just growing up too fast!


Oops. Drew spotted the camera.


Reading time.


Karis was really enjoying reading to Drew...and Drew liked it as well.


Music time.


Mercedes - She may take after her daddy...he was a great pianist at one time.


Maybe they're collaborating on a new piece.


Priceless.

0 comments: