Friday, February 19, 2010

Big Decisions!

Bryan and I have been "discussing" middle names for James ever since we found out we were having another boy. I didn't like anything he came up with, and he didn't like anything I came up with. Well, this week we agreed on a name!!

James Christian Davenport

I have also been having a hard time finding bedding for James. Nothing in the stores matched my design ideas, so I knew a long time ago that I'd have to find fabric and someone to make the bedding. My friend Lindsey used Jacquelyn Reese to make her little girl's crib bedding, so I checked her out! Sure enough she has the PERFECT fabric, and today I made the big order!!!! Here are the two main fabrics we'll be using! There is also going to be a solid green with it, but I don't have a swatch of it yet. I'm hoping my cousin will make the quilt using these fabrics, the green, and a chocolate brown. Once I get the bedding in, I'll post pictures! It should be in about 10 weeks, and I can't wait!!!!




*Update*

I got samples of what the crib skirt and inside of the bumper will look like. The green isn't exact, but it gives you/me an idea of what it will look like!

Skirt Sample


Inside of Bumper Sample

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the name...and the material! The nursery is going to be almost as beautiful as your new baby boy!! Having a baby is SO exciting! Having two boys is even more so! Can't wait to hear more about baby James!

Amy said...

Oh, I LOVE the name :) Well, I better b/c it's Chris's!! But even if it wasn't, I think it sounds beautiful together. Good choice, guys! And I'm loving the bedding! We had Elli's made too, kinda expensive but totally worth it!! You chose great colors, that's going to look so cute in his room!!