Thursday, May 20, 2010

M-I-C...K-E-Y!!!

Well, the weekend I had been planning for over finally came, and it turned out just like I planned. Drew's 2nd birthday party was all about Mickey Mouse. Drew LOVES Mickey, so I thought a Mickey Mouse theme would be perfect. As much as I love the red & black Mickey stuff, I didn't think black would be a good 2-year-old birthday color. So, we used mostly red, yellow, and blue with a hint of black here and there...Mickey's ears are black, so there's no way of totally avoiding the color! What you don't see in these pictures is the music that we had playing outside. It was all Disney music and some other toddler tunes mixed in. Other than forgetting to put the lemonade out for the kids (I remembered that night), the party was a success!



The birthday boy.


The cake. Red velvet. So yummy.


The cupcakes had little black mickey ears on them. They were mainly for the little kids. I made the rice crispy balls from leftovers...see the Mickey treats below.


Popcorn boxes made by your's truly :)


Mickey-shaped chip/dip bowls. The Mickey hand is actually a soap dish. All came from Target.


We proveded Crystal Light mixins for the bottle water.


Outdoor seating. Centerpeices were miniature sand buckets with handmade pinwheels. The kids were able to take the pinwheels home with the rest of their favors.



Our little family...please ignore the exhausted mama. I didn't realize I looked that bad!


Mama and Drew blowing out the candles.


Drew LOVED his cupcake.


The Mickey-shaped rice crispy treats I made. I dipped the ears in chocolate. They turned out so cute!



I don't have any pictures of the other favors. I'm hoping somone else got some and will send them to me.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

So cute! You did a great job, Adriane!!

Mercedes said...

Everything was so perfect and you did a wonderful job! Breleigh was so excited that Drew was going to let her "keep" the beach bucket full of goodies :) She said it was "so nice of him!" Thanks for everything!