Friday, May 7, 2010

A Wonderful Gift

As I've mentioned before, my cousin-in-law was making James' quilt. I hadn't heard anything from her regarding it except that she had all of the fabric. I was getting kind of anxious to see it, but I knew she works full time and was working on another BEAUTIFUL quilt when I saw her in March, so I didn't want to put any added pressure on her. Well, today the doorbell rang, and when I looked outside there was a package on my porch. I hadn't ordered anything, so I didn't know what it was AT ALL. I looked at the return address, and I did the biggest happy dance ever. She finished the quilt and sent it in time for me to receive it for Mother's Day. How awesome is that!?!

I opened the box and she had the quilt wrapped up so cute, but instead of taking a picture, I rushed at untying the beautiful bow to see the quilt. It turned out better than I could have EVER imagined. It is just PERFECT.

Lori, if you're reading this, THANK YOU a million times & more! James will grow up knowing what a wonderful treasure that quilt is, especially since it was made by you. Here are a couple snapshots I took of the quilt. My focal points were in the wrong place, so excuse the blurry parts.

Close-up


The whole thing.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so welcome! I hope you will both enjoy it for years to come. I loved making it for y'all! -Lori