Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pregnancy Update (37 weeks)

Well, I hit the big 37 week mark today. That means I'm technically full term, and the baby would be safe to deliver at any time now. Based on my experiences at my last 2 doc visits, that's a good thing. I am apparently developing preeclampsia...YIPPEE (enter sarcasm here). This means my blood pressure is rising, and there has been traces of protein in my urine (sorry if that's too much information). Anyway, this condition can be dangerous for both myself and James, so the doctor is keeping a close eye on me. Right now my blood pressure isn't quite high enough for bedrest, but it's getting there. I go twice a week now because of the BP issues. My next appointment is Friday, and if my BP is up again, the doctor said we may go ahead and have the c-section on the 15th...10 days before my scheduled day of June 25. Even if it's not up on Friday, but it is on Monday, I could still have the baby on the 15th. We just won't know anything FOR SURE until the 14th...nothing like waiting until the last minute! Anywho, I thought yall should all know what's going on just in case I disappear after the weekend. Also, keep us in your prayers. I don't mind having this baby early as long as he's healthy enough to be born. I'll update the blog once we know more (probably Friday afternoon). Until then, everyone have a great remainder of the week!

0 comments: