Monday, August 23, 2010

"Camping"

When we got home from seeing some friends on Saturday night, I asked Bryan to give Drew a bath while I fed/changed James. Bryan looked at me and said he was going to do something special for Drew and asked if I would give D a bath instead. I agreed, but when Bryan shut the bathroom door, I knew he was up to something big...we never shut the bathroom door for the kids' bath time. He even put Drew's PJ's in the bathroom so it would give him more time to "set up". Anyway, when we came out of the bathroom, Drew went straight to the living room and got all excited about going "nite-nite". I thought it was really strange until I saw what he saw. Bryan had set up a pallet for he & Drew to sleep on that night. I was a little skeptical because Drew plays himself to sleep at night, and with Bryan in there with him, I was sure he'd be up all night trying to get Daddy to play. It took him a while to go to sleep, but he finally did. However, Bryan moved him to his bed at 1:00 because "he looked really uncomfortable". Oh well, maybe he'll make it all night next time!

0 comments: