Thursday, August 26, 2010

James is 2 Months!



James turned 2 months old yesterday, August 25. He is getting so big, and today's well check proved just how big he really is!

Weight: 12 pounds, 1.5 oz. (57%)
Height: 24.5 inches (93%)
Head: 15.25 inches (22%)

I guess he's not really getting fat, just LONG. How in the world did Bryan and I get a baby that's so long? We'll see if he slows down. If not, I guess we'll be looking up to him before we know it!

Here's what James is up to these days:

-He takes 4-5 oz. of formula every 3-4 hours.

-We put him to bed between 10:30 and 11:30pm, and he sleeps until somewhere between 5 & 7am and always goes back down after that feeding.

-He smiles all of the time, and sometimes it's really hard to feed him because he starts smiling so big while he's eating.

-He's been making noises when he smiles, but today he had a REAL laugh. I was just walking by his pack'n'play and heard him kinda giggle, and when I looked down, he had a HUGE smile on his face. It was so cute. Who knows if he'll do it again, though.

-He has decided he HATES tummy time. He used to like it just fine, but I guess since I haven't been putting him on his tummy as much, he has grown to dislike it STRONGLY.

-He is wearing 0-3 month clothing, but some of those are starting to get too short in the torso for him. I'm sure he'll be wearing 3-6 month clothing in no time.

-He loves his big brother Drew. Lately when he hears Drew's voice or sees him, James smiles really big.

-He has started reaching for his toys on his bouncy seat. He used to really not like the bouncy seat, but just this week, he has started really entertaining himself. He kicks to make the music play, and he tries SO hard to hit the toys with his hands. I'll get a video of it one of these days.

His next well check is at the end of October, and I'm anxious to see how much he grows between now and then. Until then, I'll continue to post pictures and stories of my cutie pie boys!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I think he's smiling at ME.