I was supposed to have more blood work done on Monday 3/12, but instead we spent the first half of the day in the ER. I woke up around 6:30am and was bleeding very heavily. We called the doc and they suggested we go to the ER. I'm going through a "Threatened Miscarriage". They say about 50% of pregnant women experience this and about 50% of those come out of it still pregnant. However, I'm unfortunately not in that half. My HCG count was 19 on Friday 3/9 and on Monday 3/12 it was down to 16. That means I'm losing the baby. My OB's nurse said they don't think my pregnancy really got off to a good start to begin with. I guess that could explain why they couldn't see the gestational sac at my Friday's appointment. Anyway, Monday and Tuesday were hard on us, and yesterday (Wednesday) was just a sad day. Today I'm working a full day and am doing much better. I'm still spotting and cramping a little, but nothing like Monday and Tuesday. I guess God gave me those emotions last week for a reason...to prepare me for this loss. However, we're not giving up. We're doing our best to stay positive during this time, and really believe we'll be celebrating another pregnancy in the next few months.
What Is A Transgene?
7 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment