Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Drew's Hat

Drew has had his 'hat' on for a full week now! (Karis calls his DOC Band a hat). He doesn't seem to mind it at all except when we adjust it, take it off, or put it on. Once it's on, though, he's cool with it.

Our first day or two was a little rough...not for Drew, but for me as a mom. It seemed like everywhere we went, someone was staring at him like he was an alien. I remember one girl who looked to be about 12 or 13 was standing right next to me, and she couldn't take her eyes off his 'hat'. Even when she turned the corner she still would turn around and stare at him. To me it was just plain rude. If you want to know something, just ask!

Anyway, that was before we decorated it. Since he's been wearing the decorated version, we don't get as many odd stares, but lots of smiles and comments about how cute he is. I don't know what it is about the 'clinical white helmet' that makes people stare...I'm just glad I haven't had to deal with it again.

Drew in his decorated 'hat'.

1 comments:

Sarah Lary said...

Just getting caught up on the blog tonight! He's getting sooo big. And next time someone stares, do what I did when people would stare at Luke ... look back at them and say, "It's a helmet. He's practicing for the NFL." Give that sweetie a big kiss for me. Hope y'all are doing well! - S