Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Finished Product (James' Nursery)

James' nursery is FINALLY finished other than a few electronics needing to be plugged in (wipes warmer, lamp, clock, etc). We'll also probably take the bumper pads out of his crib until he's a little bit older since they're really poofy. The nursery turned out very different than I had originally planned, but I love it. It's definitely my style. The furniture is called Mochaccino - it's a dark dark brown. In the pictures, it almost looks black. The bedding is ecru, chocolate brown, green, and turqoise.

View of the room from the door. The curtains are AWESOME. We bought plain brown thermal curtains from Target. I had quite a bit of fabric left from the quilt, so my friend Anique added some of the fabric to the bottom of the curtains. It turned out better than I ever expected. Thanks Anique!


The curtains when they're closed.


The chair corner. The cubes on the wall are the newest addition to the room. One has 2 owls in it, one has a "J" in it, and one has a "Baby Boy" figure in it.


The changing station. The framed tree is REALLY cool. The tree is actually a really thin wood carving and has 3 owls sitting on the branches. My parents brought it back from Germany and I decided to have it framed. It works PERFECTLY in this room.


The crib. Excuse the loose ties...I haven't had the chance (or patience) to tie the bumper pads onto the crib yet. Iron artwork is from Pier 1 Imports.


The cubes up close. My mom stapled the fabric to the back of them to bring the room together. Thanks Nonnie!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I really love this nursery! The colors look great together! Great job!
Tiffany
www.pedicurestopuddles.blogspot.com

Cara said...

So fun!!!!!!! Y'all did a great job putting it all together!!! :)